Listed below are some particulars you could know concerning the Deputy Senate President:
1. On April 12, 2018, the lawmaker was suspended over his utterances whereas asserting his opposition to the bid to alter the sequence of the 2019 elections. He had stated the transfer of his colleagues might be focused at President Muhammadu Buhari.
4. He was arrested by the Police and whisked away in a ready police van.
5. Ovie Omo-Agege is a lawyer.
7. Senator Omo-Agege is a member of Judiciary, Human rights and authorized issues, Downstream petroleum, Land transportation, Marine transport and Atmosphere committees.
8. The Senator is 54 years previous.
10. He was the Secretary to Delta State Authorities in 2007.
11. The Senator was the Commissioner – Particular Duties in Delta State between 2005 and 2007.
13. After bagging a legislation diploma from the College of Benin, Omo-Agege, he spent the one-year obligatory Nationwide Youth Service Corps (NYSC) as an legal professional on the directorate of legal investigation and intelligence on the Nigerian Police Power in Ilorin, Kwara state. That was between 1987 and 1988.
14. He’s married to Rosemary Omo-Agege, additionally a barrister.
15. He has practised legislation in Nigeria and the US of America.
16. He’s a core Buhari’s loyalist. The daddy of 5 and conventional chief is undoubtedly a loyalist of Buhari as he was suspended for his sturdy opinion in assist of the President.
This didn’t go down effectively together with his colleagues, after which he was dragged to the Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions and ostracised from the Hallowed Chambers for 90 days.