Senator Obarisi Ovie Omo-Agege has emerged Deputy President of the ninth Senate after defeating Senator Ike Ekweremadu with 31 votes.
Listed below are some particulars you could know concerning the Deputy Senate President:
1. On April 12, 2018, the lawmaker was suspended over his utterances whereas asserting his opposition to the bid to alter the sequence of the 2019 elections. He had stated the transfer of his colleagues might be focused at President Muhammadu Buhari.
2. His title gained nationwide prominence when he stormed the Crimson Chamber with suspected thugs who snatched the mace, the image of authority of the Senate on April 18, 2018 throughout session.
3. Because of snatching the image of authority, the lawmaker, who's representing Delta Central, was suspended from the Crimson Chamber.
4. He was arrested by the Police and whisked away in a ready police van.
5. Ovie Omo-Agege is a lawyer.
6. He graduated from the College of Benin in 1985 with a Bachelor of Regulation earlier than incomes a Grasp of Regulation diploma from Tulane College Regulation College, New Orleans in 2002.
7. Senator Omo-Agege is a member of Judiciary, Human rights and authorized issues, Downstream petroleum, Land transportation, Marine transport and Atmosphere committees.
8. The Senator is 54 years previous.
9. He received on the platform of the Labour Social gathering however defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
10. He was the Secretary to Delta State Authorities in 2007.
11. The Senator was the Commissioner – Particular Duties in Delta State between 2005 and 2007.
12. Between 2003 and 2005, he was the Government Assistant to the Delta State Governor.
13. After bagging a legislation diploma from the College of Benin, Omo-Agege, he spent the one-year obligatory Nationwide Youth Service Corps (NYSC) as an legal professional on the directorate of legal investigation and intelligence on the Nigerian Police Power in Ilorin, Kwara state. That was between 1987 and 1988.
14. He's married to Rosemary Omo-Agege, additionally a barrister.
15. He has practised legislation in Nigeria and the US of America.
16. He's a core Buhari’s loyalist. The daddy of 5 and conventional chief is undoubtedly a loyalist of Buhari as he was suspended for his sturdy opinion in assist of the President.
This didn’t go down effectively together with his colleagues, after which he was dragged to the Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions and ostracised from the Hallowed Chambers for 90 days.