The ministerial list is out and from what we have all of them from the southwest are political allies of the Tinubu.
1) Richard Adeniyi Adebayo: He is the first executive governor of Ekiti State between 1999 to 2003. He was one of the founding members of Alliance for Democracy, the party that dominated the southwest geopolitical zone immediately democracy returned in 1999.
Mr. Adebayo is the son of Late General Major Robert Adeyinka Adebayo a former governor of the defunct Western State of Nigeria
2) Babatunde Fashola: One of the representatives of Lagos State is the former governor of the state. He is the only returning Southwest minister that makes the NextLevel cabinet. He also held the biggest ministry between 2015 to 2019.
There was a time it was speculated that he had an issue with Tinubu, but that was resolved and the report says both men are on a smooth political page. Fashola has been described as a brilliant lawyer.
3) Adeleke Olurunnimbe Mamora: Political observers may not necessarily be surprised about Mamora making the list. He is from Lagos State, a former Speaker of Lagos State House of Assembly before taking a political flight to the House of Senate as Lagos East Senator. He has been one of the most consistent members of APC and never relenting ally of Tinubu.
4) Rauf Aregbesola: Representing Osun State is the immediate past governor of the State of Virtue, Ogbeni. At a time it was speculated that he was nursing the ambition of going to the Senate. But he told his supporters that he could only honour an appointment from the Federal Government.
He said it as ridiculous for him as a former governor to contest for Senatorial District election, which he described as a section of a state.
5) Olamilekan Adegbite: He is a loyal politician to Tinubu and his former boss, Senator Ibikunle Amosun. Adegbite is the immediate past Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure in Ogun.
6) Sunday Dare: From Oyo State is Sunday Akin Dare, the Executive Commissioner at the Nigerian Communications Commission. He replaces Adebayo Shittu. He is an ICT expert. He is also one of the allies of Bola Tinubu.
7) Tayo Alasoadura: Representing Ondo State is a former Ondo Central Senator Omotayo Alasoadura.
Alasoadura is also believed to be a committed and core progressive.