The Worldwide NGO Security Organisation (INSO), based in 2011, is a British charity that helps the protection of support employees by establishing security coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO offers registered NGOs with a variety of free companies together with real-time incident monitoring, analytical experiences, security associated knowledge and mapping, disaster administration assist, employees orientations and coaching. We’re recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Security Advisor – Cellular
- We’re looking for an skilled particular person to affix our workforce as INSO Cellular Security Advisor (MSA) to be based mostly in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The Cellular Security Advisor for Nigeria will mix a powerful humanitarian and security background with expertise of an analogous nation danger context, a transparent understanding of humanitarian security ideas, battle evaluation and with a versatile, outgoing persona.
- He/she is going to have the ability to interpret and articulate and publish finest info and principled, professional recommendation to a broad vary of humanitarian actors.
- Security Advisor positions are extremely rewarding roles, providing a novel alternative to work in a close-knit workforce giving safety evaluation and recommendation that isn’t solely among the better of its sort, however that can be very important to the efforts of the NGO group to ship support and help to the hundreds of people that want it.
- Profitable candidates shall be outgoing and resilient, with the power to analyse complicated safety points and contexts, give sound sensible security and safety recommendation, talk to a superb commonplace of English each verbally and in writing, and above all else share INSO’s dedication to humanitarian ideas.
- The Cellular Security Advisor is a roving specialist who’s ceaselessly deployed to our regional places of work (Nigeria, Niger and Cameroon) with a view to cowl commonplace SA duties while the regional SA is out of workplace, and to assist native groups in disaster state of affairs or with trainings and on-the-job orientations. Frequent travels and suppleness in adjusting to totally different regional groups and conditions are key necessities of this put up.
- As well as, the applicant will have the ability to establish traits and patterns inside quantitative datasets of safety incidents, linking this info to broader political and socio-economic developments.
- The applicant should even be an applicable consultant of INSO amongst a various and essential viewers of members and a large community of contacts, together with UN businesses, worldwide donors and organizations, native communities and their leaders.
- Along with offering doubtlessly life-saving recommendation and evaluation, our Security Advisor should constantly symbolize INSO’s mandate of neutrality and independence, whereas upholding humanitarian ideas and actively selling the development of working practices, to permit entry to be retained and expanded, and very important companies to be delivered safely and promptly.
- Set up and preserve an lively info community, which incorporates NGOs, the UN, navy forces, and different nationwide and worldwide safety actors to acquire credible and related security info.
- Present NGOs with well timed and credible safety info and contextual evaluation of the native safety state of affairs via: day by day incident alerts, weekly incident lists and bi-weekly analytical experiences.
- Facilitate and lead regional NGO group safety round-tables.
- Help NGOs in growing their very own safety administration capacities by reviewing coverage paperwork, conducting site-security surveys, and aiding in disaster evacuation planning.
- Handle a small workplace workforce, together with supervision nationwide employees and oversight of native logistics and administration.
- Successfully symbolize, promote and shield INSO’s mandate of independence, impartiality and neutrality.
- Assist the Deputy Director for Assist and the Regional Analyst in improvement of context-specific evaluation throughout the area
- Fluency in English & French (written and spoken).
- Graduate stage training or equal work expertise.
- Expertise in insecure/conflict-affected environments.
- Robust writing and confirmed analytical talents (confirmed written/printed pattern requested).
- Demonstrable understanding of humanitarian security practices and ideas and their utility.
Most well-liked Traits:
- Minimal 1 latest yr expertise in Cameroon, Niger or Nigeria – ideally in an NGO security position or equal – and demonstrable understanding of the safety dynamics and context.
- Employment historical past that displays expertise in each safety and civilian fields.
- Expertise with NGO safety and/or venture administration.
- Native language expertise.
Key Private Competencies:
- A very good listener
- An efficient communicator
- Glorious analyst
- Staff participant
- Glorious interpersonal expertise
- A folks supervisor
Phrases & Circumstances
- 12-month contract with a begin date ASAP, €4,550 monthly wage, Four calendar days’ annual depart monthly and seven days of R&R each two months, world medical protection, AD&D protection.
How To Apply
and certified candidates ought to ship their Functions, which ought to embody the next under, by e-mail to: [email protected] with the reference “INSO Cellular Security Advisor – Lake Chad Basin” within the topic line of your e-mail.
- Cowl letter specifying the way you meet the necessary necessities, your motivation in making use of and what you hope to convey to INSO (1-page most).
- Updated CV (2-page most).
- Contact info for three referees (ideally, work-related and from earlier line managers).
Software Deadline: 28th June, 2019.
- Evaluations and interviews shall be carried out on a rolling foundation, and the put up shall be closed as soon as an appropriate candidate is discovered
- Please don’t ship any extra info (corresponding to copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, and so on.) and maintain the overall measurement of your utility below 2MB.